What is b-PAC?
Customers can create programs that directly control P-touch to print labels. Creating a simple program for a system in use allows adding a label print function to the existing system.
b-PAC is recommended for the following customers:
- Customers who want to print labels by putting data from a database in a standard label layout.
- Customers who want to automate and simplify label printing tasks to streamline their work.
- Customers who want to integrate P-touch as a label printer into their business system.
- Note that the compatible OS and model depend on the version of b-PAC.
- b-PAC SDK Ver.3.0/3.1/3.2 (32-bit version) are compatible with 32-bit applications that run on a 32-bit/64-bit OS.
- b-PAC SDK Ver.3.1/3.2 (64-bit version) are compatible with 64-bit applications that run on a 64-bit OS.
b-PAC (Brother P-touch Applicable Component) is a component that sends data to Brother P-touch series hardware.
b-PAC needs no exclusive editor and enables customers' system, which is created with Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft Excel, VB Script, etc., to send data. (The programmers need to learn how to operate the exclusive editor to create label template files, but those who print labels using a developed program need not learn the operation of the editor.)
b-PAC enables operation such as printing labels through an existing database. Creating a simple program for a customers' system facilitates making equipment identification labels and barcode labels. Furthermore, users can get more out of P-touch with their own ideas.
Features of b-PAC
Various label designs
Easy to program
Basically, b-PAC can be used for the following three purposes (modules required to be coded):
- 1. Open a label layout file created as a template
- 2. Update the label contents
- 3. Print through a printer driver
Free of charge
Things required for programming
- A printer driver for output
- A label layout file as a template
- P-touch Editor (for creating templates and modifying sample templates included in the SDK before use)
b-PAC SDK components
- Main component
- Sample project
- Merging module for re-deployment (This module adds applications created with b-PAC to an installer to install them in a PC other than the one where they are created)
b-PAC processing overview
- Main component
- Template file
- Printer driver for target P-touch series