Reset the Drum Counter
When you replace the drum unit with a new one, you must reset the drum counter by completing the following steps:
- DO NOT reset the drum counter unless you are replacing the drum unit.
- If you reset the drum counter without replacing the drum unit, the machine will not be able to correctly calculate the remaining drum life.
- Using non-genuine Brother supplies may affect the print quality, hardware performance, and machine reliability.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.
- Make sure the machine is turned on.
- Make sure the machine's cover is closed.
- Press and hold (Toner) for about five seconds.
- Press Drum.
- Select the toner color for the drum unit you just replaced.
- Press Yes.