If the machine's display shows the message Jam 2-sided, a paper jam occurred underneath the paper tray or the fuser unit. Follow the steps below to clear the message Jam 2-sided.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.
- Leave the machine turned on for 10 minutes for the internal fan to cool the extremely hot parts inside the machine.
- Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine.
- Make sure the jammed paper does not remain inside the machine.
- If paper is not caught inside the machine, check underneath the paper tray.
- If the paper is not caught in the paper tray, open the back cover.
- Use both hands to gently pull the jammed paper out of the back of the machine.
- Close the back cover until it locks in the closed position.
- Put the paper tray firmly back in the machine.
Make sure the paper or media type you are printing on is within specification to avoid paper jams when 2-sided (duplex) printing.
Plain paper, Thin Paper, Recycled paper
60 to 105 g/m2 (16 to 28 lb)
Letter*3, Legal*1, *3, Folio*1, *2, *3, A4*3
*1: Legal or Folio size paper are not available in some countries.
*2: Folio size is 215.9 x 330.2 mm (8.5 x 13 in.).
*3: Letter, Legal and Folio for USA/ Canada/ Latin America, and A4 for others.