FAQs & Troubleshooting
What is the recommended paper?
We recommend the following paper types for this printer.
Xerox Premier TCF 80 g/m2
Xerox 4200DP 20 lb
Hammermill Laser Paper (24 lb=90 g/m2)
|Recycled paper||Xerox Recycled Supreme 80 g/m2||-|
|Labels||Avery laser label L7163||Avery laser labels white #5160|
|Envelope||Antalis River series (DL)||-|
- Before you buy a lot of paper, test a small quantity to make sure that the paper is suitable.
- Use paper that is made for plain-paper copying.
- Use paper that is 75 to 90 g/m2 (20 to 24 lb).
- Use neutral paper. Do not use acidic or alkaline paper.
- Use long-grain paper.
- Use paper with a moisture content of approximately 5%.
- This printer can use recycled paper that meets the DIN 19309 specifications.
- DO NOT use ink jet paper because it may cause a paper jam or damage your printer.
- Preprinted paper must use ink that can withstand the temperature of the printer's fusing process (200 degrees centigrade).
- If you use bond paper, paper having a rough surface or paper that is wrinkled or creased, the paper may exhibit degraded performance.
If you use paper that is not recommended, a paper jam or misfeed may occur in the printer.
If your question was not answered, have you checked other FAQs?
Have you checked the manuals?
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.