What is the recommended paper?
We recommend the following paper types for this printer.
Xerox Premier TCF 80 g/m2
Xerox 4200DP 20 lb
Hammermill Laser Paper (24 lb=90 g/m2)
|Recycled paper||Xerox Recycled Supreme 80 g/m2||-|
|Labels||Avery laser label L7163||Avery laser labels white #5160|
|Envelope||Antalis River series (DL)||-|
- Before you buy a lot of paper, test a small quantity to make sure that the paper is suitable.
- Use paper that is made for plain-paper copying.
- Use paper that is 75 to 90 g/m2 (20 to 24 lb).
- Use neutral paper. Do not use acidic or alkaline paper.
- Use long-grain paper.
- Use paper with a moisture content of approximately 5%.
- This printer can use recycled paper that meets the DIN 19309 specifications.
- DO NOT use ink jet paper because it may cause a paper jam or damage your printer.
- Preprinted paper must use ink that can withstand the temperature of the printer's fusing process (200 degrees centigrade).
- If you use bond paper, paper having a rough surface or paper that is wrinkled or creased, the paper may exhibit degraded performance.
If you use paper that is not recommended, a paper jam or misfeed may occur in the printer.
HL-2140, HL-2140R, HL-2150N, HL-2150NR, HL-2170W, HL-2170WR
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.