Search by Keyword(s)
How To / Troubleshooting
Setup / Settings
Consumables & Accessories / Routine Maintenance
These are the most viewed FAQs, ranked by popularity.
- 1.The error message "Invalid format for short nick name" appears when printing a document. (Mac OS X 10.5 or greater)
- 2.When I try to scan to OCR I get an error message saying "This feature is not available because there is no OCR Software installed".
- 3.I get an error "Print Queue is stopped". (Mac OS X 10.2 - 10.4)
- 4.Unable to print or scan when using Brother iPrint&Scan from my Android™ mobile device.
- 5.Can I print from or scan to Android™ Smartphone?
These are the latest FAQs, sorted by last update date.
I can print but cannot scan via network. (For Mac)
Check the Node Name of the Brother machine
Install the built-in drivers (For Windows 8 or later)
I cannot use Gmail for Email functions (such as Scan-to-Email) and Internet Fax (I-Fax)
Add my Brother machine (the printer driver) using macOS 10.12 - 10.15.