Replace the drum unit.
Follow the procedure below to replace drum unit.
The Brother machine has separate consumables the toner cartridge and the drum unit. Verify you replace only the drum unit and not the toner cartridge. If you want to know their difference, refer to "What is the difference between the toner cartridge and the drum unit?"
Do NOT use flammable substances or any type of spray to clean the inside or outside of the machine. Doing this may cause a fire or electrical shock.
After you have just used the machine, some internal parts of the machine will be extremely hot. When you open the front or back cover of the machine, DO NOT touch the shaded parts shown in the illustration.
- Open the front cover and take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
To prevent damage to the printer from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
- Hold down the lock lever on the right and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- Wait to unpack a new drum unit until immediately before installing it. Put the old drum unit into the plastic bag.
- Discard the used drum unit according to local regulations, keeping it separate from domestic waste. Be sure to seal up the drum unit tightly so that toner powder does not spill out of the unit. If you have questions, call your local waste disposal office.
- Unpack the new drum unit.
- Put the toner cartridge firmly into the new drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put it in properly, the lock lever will lift automatically.
- Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
Do not close the front cover.
- Press Clear/Back.
To confirm you are installing a new drum, press 1.
- When the LCD shows "Accepted", close the front cover.
If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, wipe or wash it off with cold water at once.
DCP-8060, DCP-8065DN, MFC-8460N, MFC-8660DN, MFC-8670DN, MFC-8860DN, MFC-8870DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.