How do I switch to and use the mass storage mode?
The mass storage mode feature allows you to send a file via the USB interface without loading a printer driver. Files that have been copied to the printer’s mass storage area are processed when you press the Menu button.
This feature is useful for:
- Applying printer settings saved in a command file (.bin file format) or adding templates (.blf file format) distributed by the administrator, to your printer.
- Executing commands without installing the printer driver
- Using a device with an operating system (including non-Windows operating systems) that has a USB host feature to print and transmit data
Using the Mass Storage Mode
- Confirm that the printer is turned off.
While pressing the Menu button, press and hold the (Power) button.
The printer starts up in mass storage mode. The message “Mass Storage” appears on the LCD.
Connect the computer to the printer via USB.
The printer’s mass storage area is displayed on the computer screen.If the mass storage area is not displayed automatically, refer to the operating instructions for the computer's operating system for information about displaying the mass storage area.
- Drag and drop the file you want to copy to the mass storage area.
Press the Menu button.
The command file is executed.
The message “Receiving” appears on the LCD.
- After the file has been executed, the message “Mass Storage” appears on the LCD.
To turn mass storage mode off, turn the printer off.
The printer will start up in its normal operating mode.
- When the printer is turned off, mass storage mode is deactivated and any files in the mass storage area are deleted.
- This feature supports “.bin”, “.blf”, and “.jpg” files. Do not use other file formats with this feature.
- Do not create folders in the mass storage area. If a folder is created, files in the folder will not be executed.
- The capacity of the mass storage area is 2.5 MB. Use of files larger than 2 MB cannot be guaranteed.
- If multiple files are copied, the order that the files will be executed in cannot be guaranteed.
- Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® features are not available while the printer is running in mass storage mode.
- Do not access other files in the mass storage area when executing a copied file.
RJ-2030, RJ-2050, RJ-2140, RJ-2150
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.