Print on Both Sides of the Paper (Macintosh)
- Select Letter, Legal, Mexico Legal, India Legal or Folio sized paper when using the automatic 2-sided printing function.
- Make sure the back cover is closed.
- If paper is curled, straighten it and put it back in the paper tray.
- Use regular paper or thin paper. DO NOT use bond paper.
- If the paper is too thin, it may wrinkle.
- When you use the manual 2-sided printing function, it is possible there may be paper jams or poor print quality.
- From an application, such as Apple TextEdit, click the File menu, and then select Print.
- Select Brother XXX-XXXX (where XXXX is your model name).
- Select the Orientation option that matches the way you want the document to print.
- For automatic 2-sided printing, do the following:
- Click the application pop-up menu, and then select Layout.The Layout setting options appear.
- In the Two-Sided section, select the Short-Edge binding or Long-Edge binding option.
- Change other printer settings, if needed.
- Click Print.
- For manual 2-sided printing, do the following:
- Click the application pop-up menu, and then select Paper Handling.The Paper Handling options appear.
- In the Pages to Print pop-up menu, select Even Only.
- Change other print settings, if needed.
- Click the Print button.
- After the machine prints the even-numbered pages, remove the printed pages from the output paper tray.
- Make sure the pages are completely flat, and put the paper back in the tray, blank side facing down.
- Repeat steps 1-3, selecting the same printer and settings you used to print the even-numbered pages.
- Click the application pop-up menu, and then select Paper Handling. The Paper Handling options appear.
- In the Pages to Print pop-up menu, select Odd Only.
- Click Print.
DCP-L5500DN, DCP-L5502DN, DCP-L5600DN, DCP-L5602DN, DCP-L5650DN, DCP-L5652DN, DCP-L6600DW, MFC-L5700DW, MFC-L5702DW, MFC-L5705DW, MFC-L5800DW, MFC-L5802DW, MFC-L5850DW, MFC-L5900DW, MFC-L5902DW, MFC-L6700DW, MFC-L6702DW, MFC-L6800DW, MFC-L6902DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.