Change the amount of time my Brother machine pseudo-rings/double-rings before answering in Fax/Tel Mode.
When someone calls your Brother machine while it is in Fax/Tel Mode, you and the caller will initially hear the standard telephone ring. Your Brother machine's Ring Delay setting determines the number of times it will produce the normal telephone ring.
- If the call is a fax, your Brother machine will receive it.
- If the call is a voice call, your Brother machine will produce a fast pseudo-ring/double-ring --called the F/T ring--for the amount of time you have programmed in the machine's F/T Ring Time setting. If you hear the F/T ring, it means you have a voice caller on the line.
Because your Brother machine produces the F/T ring, extension and external telephones on the same line will not ring during the F/T Ring Time period. However, you can still answer the call on any telephone.
Follow the steps below to adjust F/T Ring Time:
- Press (Settings).
- Press All Settings.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display Fax.
- Press Fax.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display Setup Receive.
- Press Setup Receive.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to display F/T Ring Time.
- Press F/T Ring Time.
- Press the amount of time you want the Brother machine to pseudo-ring/ double-ring.
The amount of time you can choose varies depending on the model and country you bought the machine in.
- Press (Home).
MFC-J4510DW, MFC-J4710DW, MFC-J650DW, MFC-J870DW, MFC-J875DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.