I'm using Mac OS X 10.2 - 10.4 and I'm getting error messages when I try to print.
In order to correct this problem, try the following:
- Uninstall the printer driver packages for the printers on your system that you do not use . Macintosh OS X comes pre-installed with other packages. In most cases these drivers are not needed, and can sometimes cause conflicts. In order to remove the packages, you will need to begin by opening the hard drive that contains the OS® X system software or the Root folder. Normally double-clicking on the Macintosh Hard Drive icon will open automatically to the Root folder.
Double-click on the Library folder.
- Double-click on the Printers folder.
- Select and delete the folders just for other manufactures not in use.
(such as Epson, Canon, Lexmark and HP.)
Since it may effect operation of other items that are connected to the computer, you do not need to delete the PPD or PPD folders.
Empty the trash.
The other software is removed from the system. You should re-select the computer, and then re-select the Brother unit from the Print Center or Printer Setup Utility, and try printing.
- Check the USB connection.
- Disconnect the cable from the computer and the Brother machine.
Connect the end of the USB cable directly to the Mac CPU. Connect the other end of the USB cable directly to the Brother machine.
- Restart the computer.
(Click on the Apple Menu and choose Restart.)
- Open Print Center or Printer Setup Utility.
In order to locate the Print Center or Printer Setup Utility application, please go to the Utilities folder, located within the Applications folder.
(Applications -> Utilities -> Print Center or Printer Setup Utility)
- Choose the USB connection type from the drop down menu.
- Select your model printer from the listed items.
- Click Add.
At this point, you should see your model listed in the main body of the Print Center or Printer Setup Utility window. The driver is now selected and active on the system. You can exit the Print Center or Printer Setup Utility.
If the name of the product does not appear in the Printer List of the Print Center or Printer Setup Utility, the Mac does not see the unit. Please be sure that the length of the USB cable does not exceed 6 feet (2 meters) or you may want to replace the USB cable with another, known working cable.
DCP-110C, DCP-120C, DCP-130C, DCP-330C, DCP-7020, DCP-8040, DCP-8045D, DCP-8060, DCP-8065DN, FAX-1820C, FAX-1840C, FAX-1860C, FAX-1920CN, FAX-1940CN, FAX-1960C, FAX-2440C, FAX-2480C, FAX-2580C, FAX-2820, FAX-2920, MFC-210C, MFC-240C, MFC-3240C, MFC-3340CN, MFC-3360C, MFC-420CN, MFC-440CN, MFC-5440CN, MFC-5460CN, MFC-5840CN, MFC-5860CN, MFC-620CN, MFC-640CW, MFC-665CW, MFC-7220, MFC-7225N, MFC-7420, MFC-7820N, MFC-820CW, MFC-8440, MFC-845CW, MFC-8460N, MFC-8640D, MFC-8660DN, MFC-8670DN, MFC-8840D, MFC-8840DN, MFC-8860DN, MFC-8870DW, MFC-9420CN
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.