FAQs & Troubleshooting
Date: 11/15/2011 ID: faq00000080_017
What is the recommended paper?
We recommend the following paper types for this printer.
Xerox Premier TCF 80 gsm
Xerox Business 80 gsm
Xerox 4200 20 lb
Hammermill Laser Print (24 lb = 90 gsm)
|Recycled paper||Xerox Recycled Supreme 80 gsm||(Not supported)|
|Transparency||3M CG3300||3M CG 3300|
|Label||Avery laser label L7163||Avery laser labels white #5160|
|Envelope||Antalis River series (DL)||(No specific brand recommended)|
For Asia/ Oceania: We recommend using "3M Transparency Film" when you print on transparencies.
- Before you buy a lot of paper, test a small quantity to make sure that the paper is suitable.
- Use paper that is made for plain-paper copying.
- Use paper that is 75 to 90 gsm (20 to 24 lb).
- Use neutral paper. Do not use acidic or alkaline paper.
- Use long-grain paper.
- Use paper with a moisture content of approximately 5%.
- We recommend using "3M Transparency Film" when you print on transparencies
- This printer can use recycled paper that meets the DIN 19309 specification.
- DO NOT use ink jet paper because it may cause a paper jam or damage your printer.
- If you use paper that is not recommended, a paper jam or misfeed may occur in the printer.
- DO NOT put different types of paper in the paper tray at the same time because it may cause paper jams or misfeeds.
DCP-8080DN, DCP-8085DN, HL-5340D, HL-5350DN, HL-5370DW/HL-5370DWT, MFC-8480DN, MFC-8680DN, MFC-8690DW, MFC-8890DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.