How do I install additional memory?
Follow the procedure below to install additional memory.
- Turn off the machine's power switch.
For MFC Users:
Unplug the telephone line cord.
- Disconnect the interface cable from the machine, and then unplug the power cord from the AC power outlet.
- Remove the DIMM covers (1 and 2).
- Unpack the DIMM and hold it by its edges.
To prevent damage to the machine from static electricity, DO NOT touch the memory chips or the board surface.
- Hold the DIMM by the edges and align the notches in the DIMM with the protrusions in the slot. Insert the DIMM diagonally (1), then tilt it toward the interface board until it clicks into place (2).
- Put the DIMM covers (2 and 1) back on.
- Plug the machine's power cord back into the AC power outlet first, and then connect the interface cable.
- For MFC Users:
Plug in the telephone line cord.
- Turn on the machine's power switch.
DCP-9040CN, MFC-9440CN, MFC-9450CDN
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.