Can I program my Brother machine to dial a predefined number before every fax number I dial?
You can use your Brother machine's Dial Prefix feature to automatically dial a predefined number before every fax you send.
For example, if your telephone system requires you to dial 9 to access an outside line, then you can program the Dial Prefix feature to automatically dial 9 every time you send a fax.
To program your Brother machine's Dial Prefix, please follow these steps:
- Press Menu and select Initial Setup => Dial Prefix.
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select On or Off.
- Press OK.
- If you chose On, go to STEP 4.
- If you chose Off, go to STEP 7.
- Press 1 to choose Change or press 2 to choose Exit.
- If you chose Change, go to STEP 5.
- If you chose Exit, go to STEP 7.
- Use the dial pad to enter the prefix number you want your Brother machine to dial automatically.
- The prefix can be up to 5 digits long.
- You can use numbers 0 to 9, #, *, and !.
- Press the HOOK key to select "!".
- You cannot use "!" with any other numbers or characters.
- For some countries where the pulse dialing mode is available:
If the pulse dialing mode is on, # and * are not available to use.
- Press OK.
- Press Stop/Exit.
MFC-9440CN, MFC-9450CDN, MFC-9840CDW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.