Scan a document and save the scanned image to a folder on a local or network hard disk (For Windows)
You can scan a document and save the scanned image to a preferred folder using ControlCenter4. Click the link below for the ControlCenter4 user interface you are using to see more details.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and operating system and may differ from your Brother machine and operating system.
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Select the Document Type and Scan Size.
- The scanned image will be displayed in the image viewer. Confirm and edit (if necessary) the scanned image.
The Save dialog will appear. Configure the settings, and click OK. The image will be saved in the folder you have selected in the settings window.
File Type:Select the file type for the scanned image from the File Type drop-down list. The following file types are available:
*Note: The available file types vary depending on your Brother machine and operating system.
- Windows Bitmap (*.bmp)
- JPEG (*.jpg)
- TIFF (*.tif)
- TIFF Multi-Page (*.tif)
- Portable Network Graphics (*.png)
- PDF (*.pdf)
- Secure PDF (*.pdf)
XML Paper Specification (*.xps)
- The XML Paper Specification is available for Windows Vista or later, or when using applications which support XML Paper Specification files.
- If you set the file type to JPEG, PDF or Secure PDF, you can configure File size.
- If you set the file type to TIFF or TIFF Multi-Page, you can select "Uncompressed" or "Compressed".
File Name:Configure the prefix text used for the file name of the scanned image in the File Name box.
Destination Folder:Set the folder to save the scanned image in the Destination Folder box.
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab. If you want to change the scan settings, click here to see the details of how to change scan settings.
Click File. The image will be saved in the folder you have selected in the settings window for Scan to File.
DCP-7055, DCP-7065DN, DCP-9055CDN, DCP-J140W, MFC-7360N, MFC-7860DW, MFC-8510DN, MFC-8910DW, MFC-8950DW, MFC-9460CDN, MFC-9970CDW, MFC-J430W, MFC-J5910DW, MFC-J625DW, MFC-J6510DW, MFC-J6910DW, MFC-J825DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.