Uneven density appears periodically across the page.
Please check the following points to solve the problem:
- Check the machine's environment. Conditions such as high humidity and high temperatures may cause this print quality problem.
- Check that you use the paper that meets our specifications. Click here to see the details of the recommended paper.
- Make sure that the media type settings in the printer driver and in the machine's Paper Type menu match the type of paper you are using.
- Make sure toner save mode is off in the control panel or the printer driver. Click here to see the details of how to change the toner save mode setting.
- Wipe the scanner windows with a dry lint-free soft cloth. Click here to see the details of how to clean the inside of the machine.
- The toner cartridge may be damaged. Put in a new toner cartridge as follow:
- Click here to print the chart. [345KB/ PDF]
- Compare your printed document with the printed chart to identify the color that is uneven.
- Replace the toner cartridge of the color. Click here to see the details of how to replace the toner cartridge.
- The drum unit may be damaged. Put in a new drum unit. Click here to see the details of how to replace the drum unit.
DCP-9055CDN, MFC-9460CDN, MFC-9970CDW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.