How do I clear the message "MFC is Busy" or "Connect Failure"?
Verify the Brother device is plugged into the AC outlet and the power is on.
- Verify the LCD/LED on the Brother machine it is not displaying an error message. If an error message is displayed refer to the necessary solution to the error being displayed.
- Make sure the cable is connected from the Brother machine directly to the computer. The cable must not go through another peripheral device (such as a Zip Drive, External CD-ROM Drive, or Switch Box).
- Check that the cable is not damaged or broken and is no longer than 6 feet (2 m) in length.
- Confirm the appropriate printer driver is selected. For example, if printing from MS Word, click FILE on the menu bar, click PRINT and make sure the Brother device is listed as the default printer.
- Make sure no other device drivers, such as Zip Drives, External CD-ROM Drives, etc., are set to run automatically through the USB port when booting up your computer.
Suggested areas to check:
- Win.ini file
To see this file, please refer to C\WINDOWS\Win.ini.
If you can find any devices which communicate with the USB port listed with load= or run=, you need to delete them.
- Startup Group
Please click Start-->Programs-->Startup.
If you can find any devices which communicate with the USB port, you need to delete them from there.
- Win.ini file
- Verify you are using a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified cable if your computer uses a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface.
If you still have the same problem, contact Brother Customer Service or the Brother authorized dealer near you.
DCP-110C, DCP-115C, DCP-7030, DCP-7040, DCP-9010CN, DCP-9040CN, DCP-9042CDN, FAX-1820C, FAX-1840C, FAX-2820, MFC-210C, MFC-215C, MFC-3220C, MFC-3240C, MFC-3420C, MFC-410CN, MFC-425CN, MFC-5840CN, MFC-620CN, MFC-640CW, MFC-7340, MFC-7450, MFC-7840N, MFC-7840W, MFC-8380DN, MFC-9120CN, MFC-9320CW, MFC-9440CN, MFC-9450CDN, MFC-9840CDW, MFC-9970CDW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.