Paper is Jammed in the 2-sided Tray
If the machine's control panel or the Status Monitor indicates that there is a jam in the 2-sided paper tray, follow these steps:
- Leave the machine turned on for 10 minutes for the internal fan to cool the extremely hot parts inside the machine.
- Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine.
- At the back of the machine, pull the 2‑sided tray completely out of the machine.
- Pull the jammed paper out of the machine or out of the 2‑sided tray.
- Remove paper that may have jammed under the machine due to static electricity.
- If paper is not caught inside the 2-sided tray, open the back cover.
- HOT SURFACE
The machine's internal parts will be extremely hot. Wait for the machine to cool down before touching them.
- Use both hands to gently pull the jammed paper out of the back of the machine.
- Close the back cover until it locks in the closed position.
- Put the 2-sided tray firmly back in the rear of the machine.
- Put the paper tray firmly back in the front of the machine.
DCP-L5600DN, MFC-L5900DW, MFC-L6900DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.