Find the Wireless Security Information (e.g. SSID, Network key etc.) for Windows
This step may help you locate your wireless security settings if your computer is also connected to your network using a wireless connection.
Windows Windows 8/ Windows 10
Brother has developed a utility "Wireless Setup Helper" to assist you in locating the security settings (e.g. SSID, Network key etc.) of your wireless network.
> Click here to download the utility.
- Run this utility on a PC that is connected to your wireless network.
- If you need assistance during setup and want to contact Brother customer service, make sure you have your SSID (Network Name) and Network Key ready. We need this Information to assist you, so please get ready them.
If you do not know this information (SSID and Network Key), you cannot continue the wireless setup.
How can I find this information?
- Check the documentation provided with your wireless access point/router.
- The initial SSID could be the manufacturer's name or the model name.
- If you do not know the security information, please consult the router manufacturer, your system administrator, or your Internet provider.
ADS-2600W, ADS-2800W, ADS-3600W, DCP-1616NW, DCP-585CW, DCP-6690CW, DCP-B7535DW, DCP-J105, DCP-L2540DW, DCP-L3551CDW, DCP-T420W, DCP-T500W, DCP-T510W, DCP-T520W, DCP-T700W, DCP-T710W, DCP-T720DW, DCP-T820DW, HL-1211W, HL-2170W, HL-2270DW, HL-3170CDW, HL-5470DW, HL-6180DW, HL-B2080DW, HL-L2365DW, HL-L2386DW, HL-L5200DW, HL-L6200DW, HL-L6400DW, HL-L8350CDW, HL-T4000DW, MFC-1911NW, MFC-490CW, MFC-6490CW, MFC-6890CDW, MFC-7860DW, MFC-790CW, MFC-9320CW, MFC-9330CDW, MFC-990CW, MFC-9970CDW, MFC-B7715DW, MFC-J200, MFC-J2510, MFC-J3520, MFC-J3530DW, MFC-J3720, MFC-J430W, MFC-J5910DW, MFC-J625DW, MFC-J6910DW, MFC-L2700DW, MFC-L2740DW, MFC-L2771DW, MFC-L3750CDW, MFC-L3770CDW, MFC-L5900DW, MFC-L6900DW, MFC-L8690CDW, MFC-L8850CDW, MFC-L8900CDW, MFC-T4500DW, MFC-T810W, MFC-T910DW, MFC-T920DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.