Replace WT Box
DO NOT use cleaning materials that contain ammonia, alcohol, any type of spray, or any type of flammable substance to clean the outside or inside of the machine. Doing this may cause a fire or electrical shock.
To prevent damage to the machine from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
Replace the waste toner box following the steps below:
- Make sure that the machine is turned on. Press the front cover release button and then open the front cover.
- Hold the green handle of the drum unit. Pull the drum unit out until it stops.
- Turn the green lock lever (1) at the left of the machine counterclockwise to the release position. Holding the green handles of the drum unit, lift the front of the drum unit and remove it from the machine.
- Hold the green handle of the belt unit with both hands and lift the belt unit up, then pull it out.
- Remove two pieces of orange packing material and discard them.
This step is only necessary when you are replacing the waste toner box for the first time, and is not required for the replacement waste toner box. The orange packing pieces are installed at the factory to protect your machine during shipment.
- Remove the waste toner box from the machine using the green handle.
- Unpack the new waste toner box and put the new waste toner box in the machine using the green handle. Make sure the waste toner box is level and fits firmly into place.
- Slide the belt unit back into the machine. Make sure the belt unit is level and fits firmly into place.
- Make sure the green lock lever (1) is in the release position as shown in the illustration.
- Match the guide ends (2) of the drum unit to the right arrow marks (1) on both sides of the machine, then gently slide the drum unit into the machine until it stops at the green lock lever.
- Turn the green lock lever (1) clockwise to the lock position.
- Push the drum unit in until it stops.
- Close the front cover of the machine.
Discard the used waste toner box according to local regulations, keeping it separate from domestic waste. If you have questions, call your local waste disposal office.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.