Check the following points to resolve the issue:
- Set the document correctly in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) or on the scanner glass if the skew only occurs when making copies.
- Make sure the paper or other print media is loaded correctly in the paper tray and the guides are not too tight or too loose against the paper stack.
- Set the paper guides correctly.
- The paper tray may be too full.
Check the paper type and quality.
> Click here to see what kind of paper you can use.
- Check for loose objects such as torn paper inside the machine.
(For automatic 2-sided printing models)
If the issue only occurs during automatic 2-sided printing, check for torn paper in the 2-sided tray. Verify the 2-sided tray is inserted completely and the back cover is closed completely.
DCP-B7500D, DCP-B7520DW, DCP-L2510D, DCP-L2512D, DCP-L2530DW, DCP-L2532DW, DCP-L2537DW, DCP-L2550DN, DCP-L2551DN, DCP-L2552DN, DCP-L5500DN, DCP-L6600DW, MFC-B7710DN, MFC-B7715DW, MFC-L2710DN, MFC-L2710DW, MFC-L2712DN, MFC-L2712DW, MFC-L2730DW, MFC-L2732DW, MFC-L2750DW, MFC-L2751DW, MFC-L2752DW, MFC-L5700DN, MFC-L5750DW, MFC-L6800DW(T), MFC-L6900DW(T), MFC-L6950DW, MFC-L6970DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.