How do I forward a fax to another fax machine when my machine has a mechanical problem?
You can transfer faxes in the memory of your machine if one of the following messages is displayed on the LCD:
- Init Unable XX
- Print Unable XX
- Scan Unable XX
- Fuser Error
- Press Menu on the control panel and choose Service => Data Transfer => Fax Transfer.
- If there are faxes in the machine's memory, the LCD shows Enter Fax No..
- Enter the fax number to which the faxes will be forwarded.
- If you have not set up your Station ID, you cannot enter fax transfer mode. Please refer to the instructions, What is the "Station ID" and how do I set it?.
- You can send the Fax Journal report to another fax machine.
Press Menu and choose Service => Data Transfer => Report Trans. in Step1.
FAX-2840, FAX-2950, MFC-7240, MFC-7340, MFC-7360N, MFC-7362N, MFC-7440N, MFC-7460DN, MFC-7840W, MFC-7860DW, MFC-8370DN, MFC-8880DN, MFC-8890DW, MFC-9120CN, MFC-9125CN, MFC-9320CW, MFC-9325CW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.