FAQs & Troubleshooting
Date: 02/07/2020 ID: faq00000694_502
A document can jam if it is not inserted or fed correctly, or if it is too long.
- (DSmobile DS-740D/DSmobile DS-940DW) Open the Output Guide.
- Open the Top Cover.
- Gently pull the jammed document out of the machine.Check for ripped paper inside the machine. Remove any paper scraps you find inside the machine.
- Close the Top Cover.
- (DSmobile DS-740D/DSmobile DS-940DW) Close the Output Guide.
- To avoid damage to the jammed document, DO NOT pull the document out before opening the Top Cover.
- To avoid future document jams, do the following:
- Close the Top Cover correctly by pushing it gently in the centre.
- Configure the settings for your document correctly.
- Make sure your document is acceptable for the machine.
- Load your document correctly.
- When using long paper, to avoid a paper jam, you must select the Long Paper option from the Document Size menu.
DS-640, DS-740D, DS-940DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.