Install your Brother machine's software from the supplied installation disc or from Full Driver Package. (Windows)
Follow the steps below.
- Disconnect your Brother machine from your computer if you already connected an interface cable.
- Make sure your Brother machine is ON.
- Make sure your computer is ON and you are logged on with Administrator rights.
- Make sure your Brother machine's screen or LED indicates no errors.
Follow the steps applicable for your case.
Install from the Brother installation disc. (not available in all countries)Insert the installation disc supplied with your Brother machine into your computer's CD/DVD drive. The installation screen will appear automatically.
> Go to Step 6.
If the installation screen does not appear automatically, open the CD/DVD drive in File Explorer, and then double-click the start.exe file.
Install the Full Driver & Software Package from this website.Go to Downloads section of this website and download Full Driver & Software Package. The installation instructions are available on the download page.
> Click here to download Full Driver & Software Package in the Downloads section.
If the installation screen does not appear automatically, open the extracted folder, and then double-click the start.exe file.
The extracted folder is the temporary folder when installing from the Full Driver & Software Package, such as install or your model name.
E.g. ADS-2700W: ADS-2200_2700W_Windows_Installer_v1.3
For the location where the extracted folder is saved, open the folder you downloaded the Full Driver & Software Package.
If you cannot find the downloaded file, click here to see how to download a file.
- The extracted folder is the temporary folder when installing from the Full Driver & Software Package, such as install or your model name.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- If the Windows Security dialog box appears, check Always trust software from "Brother Industries, ltd." and click Install.
- When the installation dialog instructs you to restart your computer to apply changes, DO NOT restart your computer. Continue the installation until the installation has finished. When the installation has finished, restart your computer.