FAQs & Troubleshooting
- 117/10/2018The error message "No Supported Devices Found" appears on the Brother iPrint&Scan (mobile device).
- 225/03/2016Can I print from or scan to Android™ Smartphone?
- 325/03/2016Can I print from and scan to iPhone, iPod touch and iPad?
- 427/01/2014Can I confirm that the FAX was sent correctly?
- 519/11/2012I have a telephone answering device (TAD) on the same line as my FAX. Is necessary to record a 5 second pause before my outgoing message begins?
- 619/11/2012I have an external telephone answering device on the same line as my FAX and have the answer mode on my FAX set for TAD mode. How do I know if an incoming call is a telephone (voice) call or a fax?
- 719/11/2012I have an external telephone answering device (TAD) connected to my FAX, have the answer mode set for TAD and the Ring Delay set to zero. Why does my answering machine still pick up when receiving a fax call?
- 819/11/2012How do I connect an External Telephone?
- 919/11/2012How does the "FAX/TEL" Mode work?
- 1019/11/2012Why can't I copy or send? All the keys just beep 3 times.
- 1119/11/2012Can I connect my External Answering Device in another room and still receive faxes?
- 1219/11/2012I have my FAX machine set in the FAX/TEL (F/T) answer mode. What happens if I do not answer the telephone and it's a non fax call?
- 1319/11/2012What does it mean if the fax machine rings its pseudo-ring/ double-ring (F/T RING TIME) and there is not a voice call?
- 1419/11/2012What does the pseudo-ring (double ring) indicate in the F/T Mode?
- 1519/11/2012Can I print a report that will show a listing of faxes I sent and received?
- 1619/11/2012How do I print the received faxes that are stored in memory? (Fax Storage)
- 1719/11/2012What is Distinctive Ring and how do I program it?
- 1819/11/2012I am experiencing problems sending a fax, what can I do?
- 1919/11/2012How do I program the date and time?
- 2019/11/2012My FAX/MFC will not Dial. Why?
- 2119/07/2011My Brother machine has no power.
- 2202/03/2011Set up an answering machine (TAD) to work on the same line as the fax.
- 2315/02/2011Do I need a telephone line to send and receive faxes with my Brother machine?
- 2421/05/2009What does "MACHINE ERROR XX" mean?
- 2527/01/2009How do I know which receive mode to select?
- 2618/12/2008How can I clear the "Check Document " error message?
- 2718/12/2008How to clear "Cooling Down" Error?
- 2816/12/2008What does "COMM.ERROR" on the LCD display mean?
- 2924/08/2006How do I replace the ribbon?
- 3024/08/2006How can I clear the "PAPER JAM" error message?
- 3124/08/2006I have my fax machine set in the External Telephone Answering Device(TAD MODE), and have my Ring Delay set to zero. Why does my answering machine still pick up when receiving a fax call?
- 3224/08/2006How do I improve the copy or fax quality?
- 3324/08/2006When receiving a 1 page fax, why does the fax print on 2 pages or a blank sheet ejects afterwards?
- 3424/08/2006Why are my sent faxes always received with a black vertical line down the page?
- 3524/08/2006Can I reduce the size of a received fax on this machine?
- 3618/08/2006When scanning a document to be copied or faxed, the LCD shows "OUT OF MEMORY". What should I do?
- 3708/11/2005Vertical streaks appear in my copies.