FAQs & Troubleshooting
- 1How do I connect an External Telephone?
- 2What is Distinctive Ring and how do I program it?
- 3Can I print from or scan to Android™ Smartphone?
- 4How can I clear the "PAPER JAM" error message?
- 5My FAX/MFC will not Dial. Why?
- 6The error message "No Supported Devices Found" appears on the Brother iPrint&Scan (mobile device).
- 7How can I clear the "Check Document " error message?
- 8How to clear "Cooling Down" Error?
- 9When scanning a document to be copied or faxed, the LCD shows "OUT OF MEMORY". What should I do?
- 10Do I need a telephone line to send and receive faxes with my Brother machine?
- 11Can I print from and scan to iPhone, iPod touch and iPad?
- 12How do I replace the ribbon?
- 13Can I connect my External Answering Device in another room and still receive faxes?
- 14What does the pseudo-ring (double ring) indicate in the F/T Mode?
- 15How do I program the date and time?
- 16How do I improve the copy or fax quality?
- 17Can I confirm that the FAX was sent correctly?
- 18Can I reduce the size of a received fax on this machine?
- 19What does "COMM.ERROR" on the LCD display mean?
- 20I have a telephone answering device (TAD) on the same line as my FAX. Is necessary to record a 5 second pause before my outgoing message begins?
- 21I have an external telephone answering device (TAD) connected to my FAX, have the answer mode set for TAD and the Ring Delay set to zero. Why does my answering machine still pick up when receiving a fax call?
- 22I have my FAX machine set in the FAX/TEL (F/T) answer mode. What happens if I do not answer the telephone and it's a non fax call?
- 23I have my fax machine set in the External Telephone Answering Device(TAD MODE), and have my Ring Delay set to zero. Why does my answering machine still pick up when receiving a fax call?
- 24Can I print a report that will show a listing of faxes I sent and received?
- 25How do I know which receive mode to select?
- 26When receiving a 1 page fax, why does the fax print on 2 pages or a blank sheet ejects afterwards?
- 27Why are my sent faxes always received with a black vertical line down the page?
- 28What does "MACHINE ERROR XX" mean?
- 29My Brother machine has no power.
- 30I have an external telephone answering device on the same line as my FAX and have the answer mode on my FAX set for TAD mode. How do I know if an incoming call is a telephone (voice) call or a fax?
- 31Set up an answering machine (TAD) to work on the same line as the fax.
- 32How does the "FAX/TEL" Mode work?
- 33Why can't I copy or send? All the keys just beep 3 times.
- 34What does it mean if the fax machine rings its pseudo-ring/ double-ring (F/T RING TIME) and there is not a voice call?
- 35How do I print the received faxes that are stored in memory? (Fax Storage)
- 36I am experiencing problems sending a fax, what can I do?
- 37Vertical streaks appear in my copies.