How do I change my Brother machine's Easy Receive setting?
When you are using your Brother machine's Easy Receive feature, you do not have to press Black (Mono) Start, Color (Colour) Start, or the Fax Receive Code (*51, *91 for New Zealand) if you answer an incoming call and hear fax sending tones.
There are two Easy Receive settings:
ON allows your Brother machine to receive calls automatically, even if you lift the handset of an extension or external telephone. When you see Receiving on the Brother machine's LCD or hear "chirps" (receiving tones) through the handset of an extension telephone attached to the same line as the Brother machine, replace the handset and your Brother machine will do the rest.
OFF means you will have to activate the Brother machine yourself by lifting the handset of an extension telephone on the same line as your Brother machine, then doing one of the following:
- If you are at the Brother machine, press the Black (Mono) Start or Color (Colour) Start key.
- If you are not at the Brother machine, press *51 (*91 for New Zealand).
To change your Brother machine's Easy Receive setting, please follow these steps:
- Press the FAX key if it is not illuminated in blue.
- Press Menu and select Fax => Setup Receive => Easy Receive (Fax Detect).
- Press the Up or Down arrow key to select On or Off.
- Press OK.
- Press Stop/Exit.
- If Easy Receive is turned ON, but your Brother machine does not automatically connect a fax call when you lift either an external or extension phone handset, press *51 (*91 for New Zealand).
- If you send faxes from a computer that is on the same telephone line as the Brother machine and your machine intercepts the calls, turn Easy Receive OFF.