Threading the upper looper
- Turn off the machine before threading for safety.
- Turn the hand wheel so that the mark on the hand wheel is aligned to the line on the machine.
Run the thread in the sequence illustrated, following the pink color and the numbers next to each threading point.
- Open the front cover by sliding to the right and guiding the top toward you.
- Pull the thread off the spool and directly up through the thread holder and the thread holder on the thread tree from back to front.
- Pass the thread through the thread guide on the top of machine.
- Pass the thread through the tension disc which is in the channel next to the pink tension adjustment dial.
- Guide the thread down the channel and pass the thread through the threading points next to the pink color marks following the numerical order in the accompanying illustration.
Make sure to thread only through the upper thread take up .
- Pass the thread through the eye of the upper looper .
If the upper looper thread breaks during sewing:
This may be caused by the lower looper thread getting caught on the upper looper. If this happens, lower the upperlooper by turning the hand wheel, remove the lower looper thread from the upper looper, and re-thread the upper looper from at least the tension disc.