Configure the Scan to Email Feature (Linux)
- You need to use either the Sendmail or Postfix system to use the Scan to Email feature. Make sure you have the "/usr/sbin/sendmail" file installed.
The Scan to Email feature's settings file brscan_mail.config is located in:
You can also specify each user's settings in this directory:
1.1 Send scanned data to an email address
To send scanned data to an email address use:
brscan-skey -m firstname.lastname@example.org
Scan job priority:
- The -m option
1.2 Change the Scan to Email settings
To change the default settings, edit the brscan_mail.config file.
SUBJECT= Scan to E-MAIL
- FROM: The sender's address.
- TO: The recipient's address.
- MESSAGE: The email body imported from a text file. You must specify a full path (do not use "~/").
- SUBJECT: The subject of the message.
- CC: The secondary recipient's address (optional).
- BCC: Additional addresses not visible to the primary and secondary recipients (optional).
2. Information for developers
The Scan Key Tool process is described in:
To change the default process settings, edit this file.
Available scan-to features:
- IMAGE: The Scan to Image feature.
- OCR: The Scan to OCR feature.
- EMAIL: The Scan to Email feature.
- FILE: The Scan to File feature.
For more information, see the .sh file you are using (for example: scantoimage-0.2.0.1.sh).