Load Paper in the Multi‑purpose Tray (MP Tray)
When you load a different size and type of paper in the tray, you must also change the Paper Size and Paper Type settings in the machine, or on your computer.
- Plain Paper
- Coloured Paper
- Thin Paper
- Thick Paper
- Recycled Paper
- Glossy Paper
- Lift the support flap to prevent paper from sliding off the face down output tray.
- Open the MP tray and lower it gently.
- Pull out the MP tray support (1) and unfold the flap (2).
- Slide the MP tray paper guides to fit the width of the paper you are using.
- Load paper with the printing surface face up in the MP tray.
- Make sure the paper is below the maximum paper mark (1).
- Place the paper's leading edge (top of paper) between the and arrows (2).
- When using glossy paper, load only one sheet at a time in the MP tray to avoid a paper jam.
- When you use letterhead or preprinted paper, load the paper in the correct orientation.See Related Information: Change Machine Settings to Print on Letterhead or Preprinted Paper Using the MP Tray.
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.