P-touch Editor shows an error message "This application is incompatible with the AirPrint printer driver. Select the CUPS printer driver. Check the FAQ for details." (For OS X v10.8.x or greater).
P-touch Editor does not support the AirPrint printer driver. You need to choose the CUPS printer driver.
To choose the CUPS printer driver, perform the following steps:
- Choose Apple Menu => System Preferences => Print & Scan / Printers & Scanners.
Choose your Brother machine in the Printers section and check the printer driver in use.
If [Model name + AirPrint] is displayed for Kind, the AirPrint printer driver is chosen.
Click the + button.
- Click the Default icon which is located at the top of the dialog box.
- Choose your machine from the Name list.
Choose "XXXXXXX + CUPS" from the Use list. ("XXXXXXX" is your model name.)
If you cannot find "XXXXXXX + CUPS", the CUPS printer driver is not installed. Download and install the latest CUPS printer driver from the [Downloads] section.
- The printer is now available in the Printers section.
- Choose Quit System Preferences from the Apple Menu.