Odpowiedzi na często zadawane pytania i rozwiązywanie problemów
The color which you need to replace is shown after Replace Toner message on the LCD.
Please replace the toner cartridge with a new and unused genuine Brother toner cartridge to clear the Replace Toner message.
> For the order number (Order No.) of the toner cartridge, please click here to see the Consumables & Options page.
The Brother machine has separate consumables the toner cartridge and the drum unit. Verify you replace only the Toner Cartridge and not the drum unit. If you want to know their difference, refer to "What is the difference between the toner cartridge and the drum unit?"
Please follow the steps below to replace the toner cartridge:
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.
- Turn off the printer power switch.
- Fully open the top cover by lifting up on the handle (1).
If the cover is not completely opened, the drum and toner cartridge assembly may be difficult or impossible to remove from the machine.
- Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly for the color shown on the LCD.
- Push down the green-labeled lock lever (1) and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit.
- DO NOT put a toner cartridge into a fire. It could explode, resulting in injuries.
- Be careful not to inhale toner.
- We recommend that you place the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly on a clean, flat surface with a sheet of disposable paper or cloth underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
- To prevent damage to the printer from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
- Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, wipe or wash it off with cold water at once.
- To avoid print quality problems, DO NOT touch the shaded parts shown in the illustrations.
- Be sure to seal up the toner cartridge tightly in a suitable bag so that toner powder does not spill out of the cartridge.
- Please discard the used toner cartridge according to local regulations, keeping it separate from domestic waste. If you have questions, call your local waste disposal office.
- Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left several times.
Be sure to return the tab to the home position () (1). If you do not, printed pages may have a vertical stripe.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge. Gently shake it from side to side several times to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge.
- Wait to unpack the toner cartridge until immediately before you put it in the printer. If toner cartridges are left unpacked for a long time the toner life will be shortened.
- If an unpacked drum unit is put in direct sunlight or room light, the unit may be damaged.
- Put the toner cartridge in the drum unit immediately after you have removed the protective cover. To prevent any degradation to the print quality, DO NOT touch the shaded parts shown in the illustrations.
- For USA and Canada
Brother strongly recommends that you do not refill the toner cartridge provided with your printer. We also strongly recommend that you continue to use only genuine Brother brand replacement toner cartridges. Use or attempted use of potentially incompatible toner and/or cartridges in the Brother machine may cause damage to the machine and/or may result in unsatisfactory print quality. Our warranty coverage does not apply to any problem that is caused by the use of unauthorized third party toner and/or cartridges. To protect your investment and obtain premium performance from the Brother machine, we strongly recommend the use of genuine Brother supplies.
- For UK and other countries
Brother machines are designed to work with toner of a particular specification and will work to a level of optimum performance when used with genuine Brother branded toner cartridges. Brother cannot guarantee this optimum performance if toner or toner cartridges of other specifications are used. Brother does not therefore recommend the use of cartridges other than genuine Brother branded cartridges with this machine.
If damage is caused to the drum unit or other part of this machine as a result of using other manufacturer's products with this machine, any repairs required as a result may not be covered by the warranty.
- Pull off the protective cover.
- Put the new toner cartridge firmly into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place.
Make sure that you put in the toner cartridge properly or it may separate from the drum unit.
- Slide the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly into the printer. Make sure that you match the toner cartridge color to the same color label on the printer.
C- Cyan, M- magenta, Y- Yellow, K- Black
- Close the top cover of the printer.
- Turn the printer power switch back on.
DO NOT turn off the printer power switch or open the top cover until the LCD shows "Ready".
If you find some problem in the color quality after replacing the toner cartridge, we recommend you perform the color calibration.
>Click here to see the details of how to improve the color density (Print Calibration)