I'm using a USB 3.0 connection. Although I can print, either the Checks Media function, Printer Setting Tool/P-touch Utility, or the distributed printing function do not work. (Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2)
In Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2, this can be caused by an incompatibility with the USB 3.0 protocol. You can resolve this problem by following these instructions:
- If the Checks Media function does not work, download the latest version of P-touch Editor and install it.
- If either the Printer Setting Tool/P-touch Utility, or the distributed printing function does not work, you should install the following patch tool instead.
- Close all applications.
- Make a temporary folder on your HDD [hard disk drive] as the location to save the downloaded file, e.g. C:\brodnt
Click the link below, and download the file (u3patch.zip, 160KB) to the temporary folder.
> USB 3.0 patch tool (u3patch.zip）
- Once the download is complete, unzip the downloaded file.
- Double-click the extracted file "u3patch.exe", and install it.
- When the message "Completed" appears, click OK. Installation is completed.