Support & Downloads
Scanner driver install for USB
Follow the 5 steps below to install a driver.
- Step 1. Login as a superuser ( or use "sudo" option if it is required )
- Step 2. Check if pre-required procedures are completed
- For Debian, Ubuntu
- Step 3. Download a driver.
- 3-1. Check which driver will work with your product. (Product information is written in the driver download page)
- 3-2. Download the driver
- Scanner Driver download page
- Step 4. Install the driver
- 4-1. Turn on your MFC/DCP and connect the USB cable.
- 4-2. Open the terminal and go to the directory where the driver is.
- 4-3. Install the scanner driver
- Command (for dpkg) : dpkg -i --force-all (scanner-drivername)
- Command (for rpm) : rpm -ihv --nodeps (scanner-drivername)
- Example(for dpkg) | Example(for rpm)
- 4-4. Check if the driver is installed
- Step 5. Use your scanning application by a superuser and try a test scan.
- Use your usb-connected scanner by a normal user
- Install scanner driver
# dpkg -i brscan2-0.2.4-0.i386.deb Selecting previously deselected package brscan2. (Reading database ... 89034 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking brscan2 (from brscan2-0.2.4-0.i386.deb) ... Setting up brscan2 (0.2.4) ... #
- check scanner driver (dpkg)
$ dpkg -l | grep Brother ii brscan2 0.2.4 Brother Scanner Driver $
- Install scanner driver (rpm)
# rpm -ihv brscan2-0.2.4-0.i386.rpm Preparing packages for installation... brscan2-0.2.4-0 #
- check scanner driver (rpm)
# rpm -qa | grep brscan2 brscan2-0.2.4-0 #