FAQs & Troubleshooting
Date: 23/03/2023 ID: faq00002063_003
Scan Using Nuance™ PaperPort™ 14SE or Other Windows Applications
To Access the Scanner follow the steps listed below:
- The instructions for scanning in these steps are for PaperPort™ 14SE. For other Windows applications, the steps will be similar. PaperPort™ 14SE supports both TWAIN and WIA drivers; the TWAIN driver (recommended) is used in these steps.
- Depending on the model of your machine, Nuance™ PaperPort™ 14SE may not be included. If it is not included, you can use other software applications that support scanning.
NOTE: The screens may differ depending on your operating system and your Brother machine.
- Load your document.
Start PaperPort™ 14SE.
(Windows 7/ Windows 10/ Windows 11)
Click Start or or (Start button) => (All Programs or All apps =>) Nuance PaperPort 14 => PaperPort.
On the Start screen, click .
If is not on the Start screen, right-click somewhere on an empty spot, and then click, All Apps from the bar.
- Click PaperPort.
- On the Start screen, click .
Click the Desktop menu, and then click Scan Settings in the Desktop ribbon.
The Scan or Get Photo panel appears on the left side of the screen.
- Click Select.
- From the available Scanners list, select TWAIN: TW-Brother [model name] or TWAIN: TW-Brother [model name] LAN. If you want to use the WIA driver, select the Brother driver that has "WIA" as the prefix.
- Select the Display scanner dialog box check box in the Scan or Get Photo panel.
The Scanner Setup dialog box appears.
- Adjust the settings in the Scanner Setup dialog box, if needed.
- Click the Document Size drop-down list, and then select your document size.
- Click PreScan if you want to preview your image and crop unwanted portions before scanning.
The machine starts scanning.
ADS-1200, DCP-L2535D , DCP-L2550DW, DCP-L3510CDW, DCP-L3551CDW, DCP-T310, DCP-T510W, DCP-T710W, MFC-J2330DW, MFC-J3530DW, MFC-J3930DW, MFC-L2715DW, MFC-L2750DW, MFC-L3750CDW, MFC-L8690CDW, MFC-L9570CDW, MFC-T4500DW, MFC-T910DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.