Configure Email Sending or Receiving Using Web Based Management
- We recommend using Web Based Management to configure secured email sending with user authentication, or email sending and receiving using SSL/TLS.
To use E-mail Receiving function, go to Downloads section of this website and download the Internet Fax Install Tool.
The installation instructions are available on the download page.
> Click here to download the Internet Fax Install Tool in the Downloads section.
- Start your web browser.
Type "http://machine's IP address" in your browser's address bar (where "machine's IP address" is the machine's IP address).
If you are using a Domain Name System or enable a NetBIOS name, you can type another name, such as "SharedPrinter" instead of the IP address.
- For example:
If you enable a NetBIOS name, you can also use the node name.
- For example:
The NetBIOS name can be found in the Network Configuration Report.
- For Macintosh, access Web Based Management by clicking the machine's icon on the Status Monitor screen.
- If you are using a Domain Name System or enable a NetBIOS name, you can type another name, such as "SharedPrinter" instead of the IP address.
- Type a password if you have set one, and then click .
- Click the Network tab.
- Click Protocol in the left navigation bar.
- In the POP3/IMAP4/SMTP field, click Advanced Settings and make sure the status of POP3/IMAP4/SMTP is Enabled.
Configure the POP3/IMAP4/SMTP settings.
- Confirm that the email settings are correct after configuration by sending a test email.
- If you do not know the POP3/IMAP4/SMTP server settings, contact your network administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP).
When finished, click Submit.
The Test Send/Receive E-mail Configuration dialog box appears.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog box to test the current settings.
MFC-J2330DW, MFC-J2730DW, MFC-J3530DW, MFC-J3930DW, MFC-L5700DN, MFC-L5900DW, MFC-L6900DW, MFC-L8690CDW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.