Send a PC-FAX
The Brother PC-FAX feature allows you to use your PC to send any application or document file as a standard fax. You can create a file in any application on your PC, and then send it as a PC-FAX.
- You must connect your Brother machine to a working telephone line in order to use the PC-Fax feature.
- This feature is available until macOS 10.15.
Click the link below for the operating system you are using:
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and operating system, and may differ from your Brother machine and operating system.
(Windows) / (macOS 10.15 or earlier)
- Create a file using any application on your computer.
- Choose the print command in your application.
Choose Brother PC-FAX as your printer, and then complete your print operation.
The Brother PC-FAX dialog box appears.
Enter a fax number using any of the following methods:
- Use the numeric keys to enter the number and then press .
- Click Address Book, and then choose a member or group from the Address Book. If you make a mistake, click All Clear to delete all the entries.
- Click the numbers on the dial pad to type the number, and then click Add Send Address.
To include a cover page, choose the Add Cover Page check box. You can also click the cover page icon to create or edit a cover page.
Click Start to send the fax.
- If you want to cancel the fax, click Cancel.
- If you want to redial a number, click Redial to scroll through the last five fax numbers, choose a number, and then click Start.
- Create a document in Macintosh application.
- Open Print dialog. Click here to see how to open the Print dialog.
Choose Send Fax from the pop-up menu.
Choose Facsimile from the Output pop-up menu.
- Enter a fax number in the Input Fax Number box.
- Click Add. The fax number is registered in Destination Fax Numbers.
- Click Print.
FAX-2940, MFC-1810, MFC-1815, MFC-1900, MFC-1905, MFC-7240, MFC-8510DN, MFC-8512DN, MFC-8710DW, MFC-8712DW, MFC-8810DW, MFC-8910DW, MFC-8912DW, MFC-8950DW, MFC-8950DWT, MFC-8952DW, MFC-8952DWT, MFC-9130CW, MFC-9330CDW, MFC-9340CDW, MFC-J200, MFC-J245, MFC-J285DW, MFC-J4310DW, MFC-J4320DW, MFC-J4410DW, MFC-J4420DW, MFC-J450DW, MFC-J4510DW, MFC-J460DW, MFC-J4610DW, MFC-J4620DW, MFC-J470DW, MFC-J4710DW, MFC-J475DW, MFC-J480DW, MFC-J485DW, MFC-J5520DW, MFC-J5620DW, MFC-J5720DW, MFC-J5920DW, MFC-J650DW, MFC-J680DW, MFC-J775DW(XL), MFC-J870DW, MFC-J875DW, MFC-J880DW, MFC-J885DW, MFC-J985DW(XL), MFC-T800W
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.