How do I set the Label Peeler?
If the label peeler is used, printed labels can be automatically peeled off their backing paper before they are fed out of the media exit. This is useful when printing large quantities of labels and apply them at an inconsistent pace, because the peeler sensor prohibits printing the next label until it is removed from the printer.
To set the Label Peeler, please follow the steps or click on the image to play the video instructions below:
Movie: How to set the Label Peeler
Push the cover open lever to open the RD Roll compartment cover.
1 Cover open lever
Push both sides of the label peeler towards the rear of the printer. The peeler will move up and away from the printer.
Then, fully pull out the peeler away from the printer until the marks on the peeler are visible as shown.
The paper can be pulled out in two stages. Be sure to pull out the peeler completely.
Peel off the first label of the RD Roll. Then, insert the RD Roll so that the top edge of the second label is at the same height as the top edge of the media sensor plate.
Position the label where the media sensor can detect it.
1 Media sensor
Close the RD Roll compartment cover. Make sure that the label peeler is on top of the cover.
Make sure that the labels are not pinched by the peeler rollers. The backing paper of the labels may not be peeled off.
- In order to remove any slack in the roll, lightly pull on the paper fed out of the paper outlet until no more can be pulled out.
Push both sides of the () label peeler until it clicks into place.
Before using the label peeler, specify the following settings.
- Device settings of the “Printer Setting Tool”: Specify [Peeler] for [Exit Position] on the [Basic] tab.
- Printer driver: Select the [Use Peeler Function] check box on the [Basic] tab.
When not using the label peeler, specify the following settings.
- Device settings of the “Printer Setting Tool”: Specify [Tear] for [Exit Position] on the [Basic] tab.
- Printer driver: Clear the [Use Peeler Function] check box on the [Basic] tab.
To retract the Label Peeler and remove the RD roll, please click on the image to play the video instructions below:
How to use the buttons: Start the video Skip the video Stop the video Restart the video
- Before using the label peeler, specify the following settings.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.