When I connect the printer to my computer via Bluetooth® and print multiple sheets, the printer stops in the middle of printing.
This problem may occur on some Windows computers.
To resolve the issue, make sure you are using a COM port compatible with your printer.
To change the printer port, follow the steps below:
- Open the [Devices and Printers] window. (Refer to the FAQ: “How to open the Devices and Printers window“.)
- Right-click on the model name of your printer and select [Properties].
- Open the [Services] tab and confirm the COM port specified for the Serial Port Profile (SPP) option, and then click [OK] to close the window.
- In the [Devices and Printers] window, right-click your printer and select [Printer Properties].
- Open the [Ports] tab and select the same port as you confirmed in step 3.
- Click [OK] to close the window.
PJ-762, PJ-763, PJ-763MFi, QL-1110NWB, QL-820NWB, RJ-2030, RJ-2050, RJ-2150, RJ-4230B, RJ-4250WB, TD-4550DNWB
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.