What is the JPEG printing and how can I use it?
JPEG printing allows you to print .jpg format images without using the printer driver.
- JPEG images can be printed using the mass storage mode.
- The Object Push Profile (OPP) or Basic Imaging Profile (BIP) is used for printing via a Bluetooth® connection.
- This printer will convert a color JPEG image to a ‘Black & White’ image using a dithering process.
- When sending a JPEG image that is already ‘Black & White', this dithering process may make your printed image fuzzy.
- To improve the image quality, try to turn off any preprocessing of the JPEG image.
- Only JPEG images can be printed. (Limited to files with the .jpg extension.)
- The maximum file size is 5 MB.
The maximum resolutions are as follows.
Height × Width = 3300 × 2400 dots
If these limits are exceeded, the data received by the printer will be discarded and not printed.
- 1 printed pixel = 1 dot.
- This printer performs binary processing (simple binary) to print the image.
The image is printed with the height-to-width proportion of the received data.
- Confirm that the printer is turned off.
Press the (Feed) button and the (Power) button at the same time.
The printer starts up in mass storage mode and the POWER and DATA indicators light in green (if the battery is used to power the printer, the POWER indicator lights in orange).
Connect the computer or device to the printer via USB.
The printer’s mass storage area is displayed on the computer or device’s screen.
If the mass storage area is not displayed automatically, refer to the operating instructions for the computer or device’s operating system for information about displaying the mass storage area.
- Drag and drop the file you want to copy to the mass storage area.
Load paper and press the (Power) button.
The commands in the command file are executed, and the DATA indicator flashes in green.
- After the commands have been executed, the DATA indicator turns off.
To turn mass storage mode off, turn the printer off.
The printer will start up in its normal operating mode.
PJ-722, PJ-723, PJ-762, PJ-763, PJ-763MFi, PJ-773
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.