Secure Print (Windows®)
Use Secure Print to ensure that confidential or sensitive documents do not print until you enter a password on the machine's control panel.
- The secure data is deleted from the machine when you turn off the machine.
- Select the print command in your application.
- Select Brother XXX-XXXX (where XXXX is the name of your model), and then click the printing properties or preferences button.The printer driver window appears.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Settings button in the Secure Print field.
- Select the Secure Print check box.
- Type your four-digit password in the Password field, and then click OK.
You must set a separate password for each document.
- Click OK.
- Complete your print operation.
- On the machine's control panel, swipe left or right or press or to display the [Secure Print] option, and then press [Secure Print].
- Swipe up or down or press or to display user names, and then press your user name.The LCD displays the list of secured jobs for your name.
- Swipe up or down or press or to display the print job, and then press it.
- Enter your four-digit password, and then press [OK].
- Enter the number of copies you want.
- Press [Start].The machine prints the data.
After you print the secured data, it will be cleared from the machine's memory.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.