Make a two-sided copy. (Duplex)
To use the 2-sided(duplex) copy feature, follow the steps listed below.
- 2 in 1 (ID), Poster Book Copy and Fit to Page are not available with Duplex Copy.
- You can only use plain paper sizes Legal Ledger, A4, A5, A3, Letter or Executive.
- When using Ledger or A3 size paper, Enlarge/ Reduce is not available with Duplex Copy.
- Press (COPY).
- Enter the number of copies you want.
- Press Options.
- If you want to sort multiple copies, press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to display Stack/Sort.
- Press Stack/Sort.
- Press Sort.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to display Duplex Copy.
- Press Duplex Copy.
- Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to display the 2-sided(duplex) copy type you want, and press Portrait LongEdgeFlip, Landscape LongEdgeFlip, Portrait ShortEdgeFlip or Landscape ShortEdgeFlip.
- Press OK after reading the message on the screen.
- Load your document.
- Press Black (Mono) Start or Color (Colour) Start. If you placed the document in the ADF, the machine scans the pages and starts printing. If you are using the scanner glass, go to step13.
- The screen shows: Set the next page, then press Scan. When you finish, press Complete.
Place the next page on the scanner glass and press Scan. Press OK. The machine starts printing.
- If you pressed Sort for multiple copies, repeat step13 for each additional page. After all the pages have been scanned, press Complete.
DO NOT touch printed page until it is ejected the second time. The machine will print and eject the first side, and then pull the paper back in to print the second side.
- If you get a paper jam, press Advanced after step 6, and then press one of the jam prevention settings: Duplex1 or Duplex2.
Duplex1 uses a longer print time for the ink to dry.
Duplex2 uses a longer print time and will also print in lighter colors.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.