What kind of memory can I use?
This machine has 64 MB of standard memory and one slot for optional memory expansion. You can expand the memory up to 576 MB by installing dual in-line memory modules (SO-DIMMs). When you add the optional memory, it increases the performance for both copier and printer operations.
In general, the SO-DIMM must have the following specifications:
- Type: 144 pin and 64 bit output
- CAS Lantency: 2
- Clock Frequency: 100 MHz or more
- Capacity: 64, 128, 256 or 512 MB
- Height: 31.75 mm (1.25 inches)
- DRAM Type: SDRAM 2 Bank
- There might be some SO-DIMMs that will not work with the machine.
- For more information, call Brother Customer Service.
This type of memory SO-DIMM is available from most major memory suppliers.
DCP-8080DN, DCP-8085DN, MFC-8480DN, MFC-8680DN, MFC-8690DW, MFC-8890DW, MFC-9010CN, MFC-9120CN, MFC-9125CN, MFC-9320CW, MFC-9325CW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.