I am using Scan to Email (E-mail server) function to send a scanned document directly to an E-mail address.
Since our provider requires an authentication for the SMTP server, I am not able to use this function anymore.
Follow the steps listed below:
NOTE: The screens may differ depending on operating system being used and your Brother machine.
- To use Web Based Management, type http://IP address on the machine/ into your web browser.
- Enter a password if you have set one and press the Right arrow key.
- Click the Network tab at the top of the page.
- In the Network page, click Protocol.
- Click Advanced Setting of POP3/SMTP, POP3/SMTP or SMTP and make sure that the status of POP3/SMTP, POP3/SMTP or SMTP is Enabled.
Configure and change the following settings.
- To correspond to OP25B, enter 587. Default is 25.
Choose the authentication method specified by your provider.
For example: SMTP-AUTH
Input your account name for the SMTP server.
For example: brother_ifax
- Input your password for the SMTP server.
- Click Submit.
If the error still occurs, change the value of Gateway Timeout as below.
- Click Network at the top of the page.
- In the Network page, click Wired (or Wireless) => Advanced Settings.
- Change the value of the Gateway Timeout to 60.
- Click Submit.
ADS-2500W, ADS-2500We, ADS-2700W, ADS-2800W, ADS-3600W, DCP-L5500DN, DCP-L5600DN, DCP-L5650DN, MFC-5890CN, MFC-5895CW, MFC-6490CW, MFC-6890CDW, MFC-8510DN, MFC-8690DW, MFC-8710DW, MFC-8810DW, MFC-8890DW, MFC-8910DW, MFC-8950DW, MFC-8950DWT, MFC-9120CN, MFC-9125CN, MFC-9130CW, MFC-9320CW, MFC-9325CW, MFC-9330CDW, MFC-9340CDW, MFC-9460CDN, MFC-9560CDW, MFC-9840CDW, MFC-9970CDW, MFC-J5910DW, MFC-J6510DW, MFC-J6710DW, MFC-J6910DW, MFC-L5700DW, MFC-L5800DW, MFC-L5850DW, MFC-L5900DW, MFC-L6700DW, MFC-L6750DW, MFC-L6800DW, MFC-L6900DW, MFC-L8600CDW, MFC-L8610CDW, MFC-L8850CDW, MFC-L8900CDW, MFC-L9550CDW, MFC-L9570CDW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.