What is the recommended paper?
We recommend to use the paper that is made for plain-paper copying and meets the following specification.
This machine can use recycled paper that meets DIN 19309 specifications.
|Basis weight||75-90 g/m2 (20-24 lb)|
|Roughness||Higher than 20 sec.|
|Grain direction||Long grain paper with a a moisture content of approx. 5%|
|Brightness||Higher than 80%|
|Opacity||Higher than 85%|
- DO NOT put different types of paper in the paper tray at the same time because it may cause paper jams or misfeeds.
- For proper printing, you must choose the same paper size from your software application as the paper in the tray.
- Avoid touching the printed surface of the paper immediately after printing.
- Before you buy a lot of paper, test a small quantity to make sure that the paper is suitable.
We recommend the following paper types for this machine.
USA/ Canada/ Latin America
(Inkjet plain paper)
|Plain paper||Xerox 4200 20lb||
Xerox Business 80 g/m2
Xerox Business 80 gsm
|Recycled paper||(No specific brand recommended)||Xerox Recycled Supreme 80 g/m2||Xerox Recycled Supreme 80 gsm|
Do Not use the following type of paper.
Some types of paper may not perform well or may cause damage to your machine.
- DO NOT use paper:
- that is highly textured
- that is extremely smooth or shiny
- that is curled or warped
* 1 A curl of 2 mm (0.08 in.) or greater may cause jams to occur.
- that is coated or has a chemical finish. When using coated paper, such as glossy paper, the paper may become dirty because the ink does not dry.
- that is damaged, creased or folded
- that exceeds the recommended weight specification in this guide
- with tabs and staples
- that is multipart or carbonless
If you use any of the types of paper listed above, they may damage your machine. This damage is not covered under any Brother warranty or service agreement.
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.