If the machine's display shows the message Jam Rear, a paper jam occurred behind the back cover. Follow the steps below to clear the message Jam Rear.
NOTE: Illustrations shown below are from a representative product and may differ from your Brother machine.
- Leave the machine turned on for 10 minutes for the internal fan to cool the extremely hot parts inside the machine.
- Open the back cover.
- Pull the green tabs at the left and right sides toward you to release the fuser cover (1).
- Use both hands to gently pull the jammed paper out of the fuser unit.
- Close the fuser cover (1). Make sure the green tabs at the left and right sides lock into place.
- Close the back cover until it locks in the closed position.
HL-3180CDW, MFC-9130CW, MFC-9330CDW, MFC-9340CDW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.