Maintenance (Oiling the machine)
In order to extend the life of the embroidery machine’s parts and keep the machine operating correctly, be sure to oil the machine before the first time that it is used. If too little oil was applied to the race, an error message may appear. Afterward, put a drop of oil onto the hook once a day before use, and put a drop of oil to the lower needle bar felt washer every 40 to 50 hours of machine use.
Oiling the race
>> Following message appears.
Open the hook cover, and remove the bobbin case.
Touch "OK" .
>> The race moves to the correct position for oiling.
Put a drop of oil onto the hook.
(1) Punch a small hole in oil bottle.
(2) Apply oil here.
Front angle view Side view
Use a pointed object to punch a small hole in the tip of the included oiler before using it.
Touch "OK" appeared in the following screen.
>> The race backs to its original position.
After oiling, insert the bobbin case into the hook, and then close the hook cover.
Be sure to close the hook cover before using the embroidery machine. The fabric is caught and causes the trouble if the hook cover is opened
Oiling the needle bars
From embroidering screen, select one needle bar at a time. Turn the handwheel counterclockwise bringing the needle bar to its lowest position. Put one drop of oil, as high as possible on the needle bar above the felt washer.
|(1) Apply oil here.
- Too much oil may drip onto sewing project.
- Put a drop of oil onto the hook once a day before use.
- Apply one drop of oil on the lower needle bar above the felt washer every 40 – 50 hours of sewing time.
- Apply only sewing machine oil. Use of any other type of oil may result in damage to the embroidery machine.
- Do not apply too much oil. Fabric or thread may get contaminated. If too much oil is applied, wipe off any excess with a rag.
- If the thread breaks while sewing or the operating noise of the hook becomes loud, apply oil onto the race hook.
PR670E / PR670EC, PR680W / PR680WC
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.