Uninstall the scanner drivers (Mac OS X 10.6 or greater).
Follow the steps below to uninstall the scanner driver.
- Disconnect the USB cable between the Macintosh and your Brother machine.
- Log on as an Administrator.
- Click Go from the Finder bar => Applications.
Click Go from the Finder bar, Computer => Macintosh HD => Library => Image Capture => TWAIN Data Source.
If your hard drive icon (Macintosh HD icon) is not on the desktop:
- Click Finder => Preferences....
- In the General tab, check "Hard disks" in the "Show these items on the desktop:"
Close the Finder Preferences window.
Your hard drive icons will appear on the desktop.
Delete the [model name].ds.
- Empty the trash bin.
- Reboot the Macintosh.
DS-620, DS-720D, DS-820W, DS-920DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
To help us improve our support, please provide your feedback below.
Step 1: How does the information on this page help you?
Step 2: Are there any comments you would like to add?
Please note this form is used for feedback only.