Scan to an Editable Text File (OCR)
(Macintosh) Presto! PageManager must be installed on your computer.
Download Presto! PageManager from http://nj.newsoft.com.tw/download/brother/PM9SEInstaller_BR_multilang2.dmg.
The Scan to OCR feature is available for certain languages.
- Use the Scan button on the machine to make temporary changes to the scan settings. To make permanent changes, use Brother's ControlCenter software.
- Load your document.
- Press [Scan].
- Swipe left or right to display [to OCR].
- Press [to OCR].The icon moves to the middle of the Touchscreen and is highlighted in blue.
- Press [to OCR].
- If the machine is connected over the network, swipe up or down or press or to display the computer where you want to send data, and then press the computer name.
If the LCD prompts you to enter a PIN for the computer, enter the four-digit PIN on the LCD, and then press [OK].
- Do one of the following:
- To change the scan settings, press [Options], and then go to the next step.
- To use the default scan settings, press [Start].
The machine starts scanning. If you are using the machine's scanner glass, follow the Touchscreen instructions to complete the scanning job.
To change scan settings, a computer with Brother's Control Center software installed must be connected to the machine.
- To scan both sides of the document (DCP-L5650DN/MFC-L5850DW/MFC-L5900DW/MFC-L6700DW/MFC-L6800DW):
OptionDescription2-sided Scan: Long Edge2-sided Scan: Short Edge
- Press [2-sided Scan], and then select the document type.
- Select the scan settings you want to change:
- [Scan Settings]
- [Scan Type]
- [File Type]
- [Document Size]
- [ADF Auto Deskew]
- [Skip Blank Page]
- [Remove Background Color]
(available only for the [Color] and [Gray] options)
To save the settings as a shortcut, press [Save as Shortcut].
- Press [OK].
- Press [Start].The machine starts scanning. If you are using the machine's scanner glass, follow the Touchscreen instructions to complete the scanning job.
DCP-L5500DN, DCP-L5600DN, DCP-L5650DN, MFC-L5700DW, MFC-L5800DW, MFC-L5850DW, MFC-L5900DW, MFC-L6700DW, MFC-L6800DW
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.