Why won't the machine pick up the bobbin thread?
There could be several things that could cause the machine not to pick up the bobbin thread.
- The upper thread could be tangled.
Remove the thread completely from the machine.
The correct size spool cap should be used for the size of the thread spool.
Re-thread the machine according to the directions in the manual.
One Point Advice Place a spool of thread on a spool pin.
One Point Advice Upper threading
- Remove the bobbin and make sure the bobbin is threaded properly in the shuttle race.
Remove any loose threads or lint in the shuttle race.
One Point Advice Installing a bobbin into a bobbin case
- You could be holding the needle thread too tight.
Hold the thread lightly to keep the end from going down into the shuttle.
- The needle could be thread incorrectly.
Thread the needle eye from the front to the back.
- The needle could be bent or improperly inserted.
Install a new needle with the flat side of the needle facing the back.
BM-3500/2600, FS101, LS-1217, LS-2125/2160, PX-100/200/300, XL-5500
If you need further assistance, please contact Brother customer service:
Please note this form is used for feedback only.